Advertising Opportunities   |  Magazine   |  About Us   |  Site News   |  FAQ   |  Contact Us
Log In / Register

Article Search
Search By Keyword

Island Parent Articles!

Take a look at this month's articles provided by Island Parent Magazine. Each month you'll find new articles with topics on parenting your children of any age. Written largely by local authors, these articles provide some great perspectives related to parenting, both on and off the island.

- Latest Articles

Are you an Innie or an Outie? Are you an Innie or an Outie?
I like to navel gaze…yep, most definitely an innie. Apparently, 25 per cent of people are innies, which means the other 75 per cent are outies. I suppose this should come as no surprise to me, as outies are fairly visi...
posted: Mar 31, 2014  |  views: 134  |  comments: 0
View this article »
Field Trip Etiquette Field Trip Etiquette
I remember vividly my first job interview with situational questions. As a young university science student, I had no formal or informal training in teaching or interpretation. The summer job I had applied for was to con...
posted: Mar 31, 2014  |  views: 68  |  comments: 0
View this article »
Ants in his Pants: A Rational Look at Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Ants in his Pants: A Rational Look at Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
When I was in Grade 3, a boy named Gerald and I managed to sneak out of class and make our way to the bell tower of our stately old school where we proceeded to toss crab apples at the children below. We’d raided the c...
posted: Mar 31, 2014  |  views: 278  |  comments: 1
View this article »
Go Green, Save Green Go Green, Save Green
My husband and I started out with almost nothing when we got married two decades ago. But we were young, and felt little anxiety about our financial situation. We’d seen what resourcefulness and hard work could accompl...
posted: Mar 31, 2014  |  views: 162  |  comments: 0
View this article »
Supporting Parents Through Pregnancy Loss Supporting Parents Through Pregnancy Loss
Close to one in four women experience pregnancy loss. From early pregnancy loss to newborn deaths, the sadness and grief that parents experience with pregnancy and child loss can be devastating. Outside of the actual ...
posted: Feb 26, 2014  |  views: 208  |  comments: 0
View this article »
Watching Them Grow Watching Them Grow
With the soil starting to warm I was spending most of my time outside in our garden. My two-year-old daughter was happiest digging alongside me with a mismatched fork and spoon. She squealed with delight every time she c...
posted: Feb 26, 2014  |  views: 274  |  comments: 0
View this article »
Eliminate the Competition? Eliminate the Competition?
“Calgary School axes honour roll, saying it hurts self-esteem and pride of students who don’t make it.” That headline, and the accompanying National Post article, left me feeling slightly irritated. I thought ba...
posted: Feb 26, 2014  |  views: 208  |  comments: 0
View this article »
Precious Water Precious Water
I had a moment of gratitude this evening, as I helped my five-year-old get ready for bed. First there was a soak in a warm, soapy bath. Then he hopped on the toilet, pushed a lever to flush, and washed his hands in the s...
posted: Feb 26, 2014  |  views: 161  |  comments: 0
View this article »
Solitude is Gratitude Solitude is Gratitude
It’s the same thing every week. By the time Tuesday night rolls around, I sit on a plastic stool beside the bathtub, a large glass of red wine suspended between my fingers. In the tub, my kids are giggling, but each on...
posted: Jan 29, 2014  |  views: 366  |  comments: 0
View this article »
Teaching Kids About Money Teaching Kids About Money
As parents, we know how wise and amazing our children are. However, we also know that they’ll have to blossom in a demanding world and face the challenges that come along. We want to provide them with the right tools. ...
posted: Jan 29, 2014  |  views: 264  |  comments: 0
View this article »

Share an Article

If you find an article you think we'll enjoy, share it with us.
Just remember to give proper credit to the author, and to provide a link to the site where you found it.
We all want to respect copyright.

Site Sponsors
Island Parent Saanich Recreation
About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | FAQ | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Tell a Friend | Link Exchange | Help
© 2014. Island Parent Group. All Rights Reserved. Auto Login: Off