Advertise   |  Magazine   |  About Us   |  Where to Pick Up a Copy   |  Site News   |  FAQ   |  Contact Us

Family Resource Guide 2014/15

Read Now >>
KIV Community

Best baby shoes for early walkers with wide feet!

Welcome to Café KIV, a place to meet with other parents and post comments on any topic you wish. Discuss movies you've seen, places you've been, or even your best method of taking time from the kids.

Note: Unless you are a KIV paid advertiser, business advertising is not permitted in this forum. For business advertising click

Moderators: Brenda N, Sue, Glowingtouch, kattnipp

Best baby shoes for early walkers with wide feet!

Postby saucy on Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:01 pm

DS's feet are really pudgy...He's 10 months and just starting to walk.

What shoes are best for early walkers (NOT Robeez - they are too tight and I can't get them on him as he won't sit still for long enough!) I need shoes that are good for his feet, and that are really easy to put on - no laces; maybe shoes with velcro that stretch out really wide?

Suggestions for brands of shoes and where to buy them are appreciated! I haven't had much luck yet... :-(
saucy
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby kdsmom on Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:54 pm

My son was walking well by 11 months. He had very wide feet/high instep. We went to Scallywags and bought wide striderites. I think the y also my extra wide striderites. This brand of shoes was the only brand we could even get his feet into until he was about 2 years and his feet flattened/thinned out.
kdsmom
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby K.Ingram on Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:03 pm

My son has big, chubby feet. We bought some shoes from Phil at Fairfield Plaza. We first bought the adidas soccer shoes (with laces thought) and then velcro nikes. They are both great for wide feet.
K.Ingram
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Return to Café KIV