Advertise   |  Magazine   |  About Us   |  Where to Pick Up a Copy   |  Site News   |  FAQ   |  Contact Us

KIV Community

bulk "wheatlets" = cream of wheat??

Welcome to Café KIV, a place to meet with other parents and post comments on any topic you wish. Discuss movies you've seen, places you've been, or even your best method of taking time from the kids.

Note: Unless you are a KIV paid advertiser, business advertising is not permitted in this forum. For business advertising click

Moderators: Brenda N, Sue, Glowingtouch, kattnipp

bulk "wheatlets" = cream of wheat??

Postby chanterelle on Sat May 16, 2009 6:38 am

So I've recently re-discovered cream of wheat porridge. My new yummy snack is cream of wheat with cinnamon and a scoop of protein powder - creamy and so good! But buying a teensy box one at a time is not my style. I've been looking around and have never seen anything labeled "cream of wheat" in a bulk section. I have, however, seen a bin labeled "wheatlets" which looks like cream of wheat. Does anyone know if this is the same thing?

Sadly, the employees I've approached at grocery stores, while eager to help, were not able to tell me. I may have to buy some, cook it, and see if it is the same...
chanterelle
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Re: bulk "wheatlets" = cream of wheat??

Postby wonderwoman on Sat May 16, 2009 6:57 am

in doing a quick google it looks like they are either the same thing or at least very similar. I would buy a small amount of the wheatlets and see if it tastes the same. I am a big cream of wheat fan too!
wonderwoman
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby Blacken on Sat May 16, 2009 7:16 am

can i ask where you got them? we eat cream of wheat a lot here and i'd love to find a bulk form. I think they should be the same, as i've also tried a small bag of wheatlets (can't remember the brand) from safeway.
"Those who hear not the music, think the dancers mad." ~unknown
Blacken
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby helena on Sat May 16, 2009 9:06 am

Try semolina.
helena
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby chanterelle on Sat May 16, 2009 11:41 am

Well, I bought a small bag of bulk 'wheatlets' while shopping at Save-On this morning. I'll cook it up in the next day or so and let y'all know if it's the same!

Thanks for the tips. :D
chanterelle
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Return to Café KIV