Note: Unless you are a KIV paid advertiser, business advertising is not permitted in this forum. For business advertising click
Not sure why I asked... just wondering if everyone assumes today is Thanksgiving, or do other people think it could also be either day?
- Ginger Snap
- Posts: 2027
- Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:26 pm
- Posts: 1615
- Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:50 am
- Location: Cordova Bay
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:36 pm
- Location: In My Happy Place
For us, makes sense, but a LOT of people wait until Monday. My ex-inlaws always did Monday, so we always got two big dinners anyways! Now we have a weekend of family and Monday is a day to do what we WANT to do, and if it includes family, great, if not, cool too.
Happy Thanksgiving no matter the day!
This is the first time in many moons that we are eating Thanksgiving Dinner on Thanksgiving and because of our recent move instead of cooking for 24-30 people I am only cooking for nine! Talk about confusion, I couldn't even think how many potatoes to peel for that small amount of people.
I am sitting down while our ds is vacuuming the house, this is the only moment I will get to relax so I am enjoying a coffee with some Starbucks Coffee Liquer in it!
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!!!!!
- Posts: 337
- Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:51 pm
With DH working shifts, we do it on whichever day works better for his rotation that year.
Growing up, we had it on the Monday.
Quincy 1998 ~ 2010 | TUCKER - Aug.8/94~Mar. 5/07 |
~*~* IVY-GIRL~ Sept 9, 1994 ~ June 25, 2011 *~*~
We're LIVING in the good old days!!
- Posts: 3594
- Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:17 am
- Location: Westshore (Langford)
- Posts: 531
- Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:52 pm
- Location: Langford
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests
Out of school care in Westshore area
New Cricut Bug plushie
Child bike seat
Perego Double Buggy
- Summer Day Camp
- Two Spots Open for July 1
- Daycare available in Sooke
- Vancouver Island Summer Camp For Boy...
- Baby Fun
- Baby Play Gym
- Kids Intellitainer
- Girls Barbie Rainboots Size 13
- hildren luggage with retractable han...
- EW Girls Speedo Swimsuit with remova...
- Waterproof jacket and pants, size 18T
- Girls summer pyjamas and night gown ...
- Brownies uniform size M/Youth
- Zumba Fitness in Victoria, BC
- Diaper Bag
- Rocking chair
- Wanted:extraordinary Respite caregiver
- illy Espresso maker - like new
- Outdoor Fire Pit
- Supercycle Kids Bike
Sign up now to start receiving the KIV Newsletter. It only takes a minute.
Enter now for your chance to win some exciting prizes in our Kids in Victoria & Island Parent Contest! We have new contests often, so check back regularly!