Advertise   |  Magazine   |  About Us   |  Where to Pick Up a Copy   |  Site News   |  FAQ   |  Contact Us

KIV Community

How to get mold out of Hockey gear

Welcome to Café KIV, a place to meet with other parents and post comments on any topic you wish. Discuss movies you've seen, places you've been, or even your best method of taking time from the kids.

Note: Unless you are a KIV paid advertiser, business advertising is not permitted in this forum. For business advertising click

Moderators: Brenda N, Sue, Glowingtouch, kattnipp

How to get mold out of Hockey gear

Postby Alyrra's Mom on Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:56 am

My Husband has not used his gear in years and more years. He has decided to start playing again this weekend. He pulled out his gear today (I'm not too sure where it was) and it has mold on it and he is asking me how to get rid of it and I told him to go hose it down outside but that's probably not the best thing for hockey gear. Does anyone else know how to get it off? We can't put the stuff in the washing machine.

Anyone else know what to try?

Thanks
Alyrra's Mom
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

gear

Postby breezy on Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:23 pm

I think some of the sports shops will actually clean it for you. I'm not sure of the cost, my dh has talked about getting his done but so far hasn't done it. Try some of the places that sharpen skates, the names don't come to mind right now. Hope that's a help.
breezy
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby Linda Faye on Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:41 pm

Take it to Kirby's they do the cleaning there. Don't hold me to it but I think it may be something like $35.00. To get all the gear cleaned. You may want to call and confirm the price. And also ask them if when they clean it will it be stained from the mold. We are taking my son's gear there to get cleaned as it is pretty stinky :oops:
Hope that helps!!

If that dosen't work you may want to check my post in the house hold items for sale as we have a few pair of hockey pants on there or sale for $5.00 a pair :)
Linda Faye
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Return to Café KIV