Advertising Opportunities   |  Magazine   |  About Us   |  Site News   |  FAQ   |  Contact Us

KIV Community

Garbage and Recycling

Welcome to Café KIV, a place to meet with other parents and post comments on any topic you wish. Discuss movies you've seen, places you've been, or even your best method of taking time from the kids.

Note: Unless you are a KIV paid advertiser, business advertising is not permitted in this forum. For business advertising click

Moderators: Brenda N, Sue, kattnipp, Glowingtouch

Garbage and Recycling

Postby kattnipp on Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:53 pm

http://www.cbc.ca/consumer/story/2007/0 ... tscan.html

Thought some people would like to read this.
Annette
kattnipp

Postby Duchess of Fife on Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:01 am

This is awesome, eh?
My in-laws (from the U.K.) still can't believe how much we recycle...

We're slowly getting there, as a nation...
I know that some places up island still don't have adequate recycling depots/drop offs - consequently people don't care/find it a bother/aren't able to get to a location to recycle.

My brother, who lives in Greater Vancouver, is the laziest git and I saw sooooo many items in his garbage that could have been recycled. I told him to smarten up and set a better example for his dds!!

Absolutely no offence to residents of Sooke, as I don't want to lump them all together, but last nights news reported about the bear 'problem' there - people not properly sealing their garbage, etc. They showed a bag a bear left behind and it had cans galore in it! And, a plastic jug... :shock:
So it does show that we do need to be more diligent... I as well need to look for items that can be recycled when I am purchasing...
Thanks for the article!
Duchess of Fife
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby kattnipp on Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:13 am

I must admit before moving to my current place we didn't recycle. The building where we lived didn't have bins for it so everything went into one dumpster. Now I am getting so much better.
Annette
kattnipp

Return to Café KIV