Advertising Opportunities   |  Magazine   |  About Us   |  Site News   |  FAQ   |  Contact Us

KIV Community

C Section

The place to ask all the questions, share your experiences, offer advice and chat with other parents about this awesome and bewildering experience.

Moderators: kattnipp, Glowingtouch, Annikki

C Section

Postby kaitlinsmommy on Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:57 pm

HAs any one out here had a general for their section. If so what was it like? Did u still have a breathing tube in when u woke up.
kaitlinsmommy
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby soccermum on Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:51 pm

I had a general and no i didnt have the breathing tube in when I woke up. I didn't even know I had a breathing tube until I got home and starting reading up on the procedure on the internet. Then I realized that the sticky patches on my face were from tape from the breathing tube.
soccermum
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby momoftwinboys on Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:31 pm

I had a general as well never knew until now that I had a breathing tube.........Waking up was a little uncomfortable but other then that not too bad
momoftwinboys
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby soccermum on Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:33 pm

momoftwins why did you have to have a general? It is something that I really want to avoid next time around.
soccermum
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby momoftwinboys on Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:41 pm

Well the spinal didnt work on me :( so I was put out at the last moment. I am waiting to talk to my doctor to see if I will have to be put under again when we concieve the next one.
momoftwinboys
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby soccermum on Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:44 pm

that is what happened to me too. I thought it was a rare thing-the spinal not working...I want to talk to my doctor too...I would HATE to be put under general again.

Did your work at all? I could feel the ice and move my toes and legs...didnt work at all.
soccermum
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby momoftwinboys on Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:04 pm

Nope I felt everything!!! it took 45 min for them to even get the needle in my back in the right spot to not have it work........... I think I would almost rather be put under again becouse I don't think I would be able to handle the needles again.
momoftwinboys
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby kaitlinsmommy on Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:49 am

Thank you for ur replys. It puts my mind at ease. My midwife tried to induce me last week end and i asked for an epidural and it didnt work he couldn't get it in the right spot. I wasn't dialating so they let me go until today when we r gonna try 1 more time for the induction and if that doesn't work C section it'll be.
kaitlinsmommy
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby EMs mommy on Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:41 am

I was put under a general for my c-section with my 1st DD. I didn't know I had a breathing tube until the next day when I asked the nurse why my throat hurt so much. :?
Sheri...

EMs mommy
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby Chels&Dom on Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:55 pm

let us know!
Chels&Dom
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby soccermum on Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:52 pm

EMs mommy wrote:I was put under a general for my c-section with my 1st DD. I didn't know I had a breathing tube until the next day when I asked the nurse why my throat hurt so much. :?
Sheri...

If you dont mind e asking...why did you have to go under general? We there any concerns that you might have to go under genera for your second?

Thanks so much for sharing.
soccermum
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby EMs mommy on Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:20 am

When they started the c-section, I could feel them cutting me, so that's why I was put under. When I was pregnant with #2, I had major anxiety about the possibility of having another c-section. As much as I wanted a VBAC, part of me just wanted to be knocked out right away for a c-section and avoid the whole epidural not working scenerio. As it turned out though, my labour was FAST, and I was able to have a VBAC!
Sheri...

EMs mommy
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby Chels&Dom on Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:41 pm

any news tiff?
Chels&Dom
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Return to Pregnancy and Birth