Advertising Opportunities   |  Magazine   |  About Us   |  Site News   |  FAQ   |  Contact Us

KIV Community

Massage Therapist Recommendations Downtown Victoria area

Welcome to Café KIV, a place to meet with other parents and post comments on any topic you wish. Discuss movies you've seen, places you've been, or even your best method of taking time from the kids.

Note: Unless you are a KIV paid advertiser, business advertising is not permitted in this forum. For business advertising click

Moderators: Brenda N, Sue, kattnipp, Glowingtouch

Massage Therapist Recommendations Downtown Victoria area

Postby CuteyPatooty on Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:25 pm

OUCH! MY NECK AND MY BACK!

Can anyone please recommend a great massage therapist. Preferably in the downtown Vic area because I work downtown. I've never gone for massage before, except spas. I need the real deal. Also I heard about medical paying for some of the session? If anyone has any info on this I would love to hear about it. My neck and back thank you very much!
CuteyPatooty
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby macloud on Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:06 pm

Kelly at Market Square Massage is very good. I've been to her a few times when I couldn't get into the regular person I go to.
http://www.marketsquaremassage.com/index.htm

If you have extended medical benefits through your employment you might be covered for so many visits. Most benefit packages you have to pay up front and get reimbursed.

I think if you are recieveing income assistance benefits, specifically their medical you are eligible for so many visits as well but I could be off on this. It was years ago that I had heard this.
macloud

Postby gelina on Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:42 am

i just went to the west coast college of massage and it was great. cant beat the price ($30), and its right downtown. 381-9800
Live simply. Love generously.
Care deeply. Speak kindly.
gelina
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby tsmack on Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:13 pm

I would recommend Heather Wilson (maybe still goes as Heather Thompson - she just got married). She is at Metro Massage Therapy in the Yarrow Building (above Paboom on Fort).

Just a note about the Massage Therapy school - if you are going to claim the cost with an extended health plan, it wouldn't be covered as they are registered massage therapists yet. If not, it is a great and less expensive option.
Sarah Mac
tsmack
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Return to Café KIV