Advertise   |  Magazine   |  About Us   |  Where to Pick Up a Copy   |  Site News   |  FAQ   |  Contact Us

Family Resource Guide 2014/15

Read Now >>
KIV Community

MoonSand?

Welcome to Café KIV, a place to meet with other parents and post comments on any topic you wish. Discuss movies you've seen, places you've been, or even your best method of taking time from the kids.

Note: Unless you are a KIV paid advertiser, business advertising is not permitted in this forum. For business advertising click

Moderators: Brenda N, Sue, Glowingtouch, kattnipp

MoonSand?

Postby Shanny on Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:18 pm

I'm just wondering if anyone has tried this? There was a kit at Walmart that looked cool, but everything looks cool in the pic. So, does it work? I'm wanting a present for twin girls turning 8 (our neighbours who are so good with our little guy) and they love art stuff so I'm wondering if this would be a good present?

I appreciate your input as always :D
Shanny
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby Guest on Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:37 am

me and my oldest ds played with it at the Strongstart program yesterday and it was soooooooooooooo cool was messy like regular sand . the teacher fromt he program picked up the kits from costco for 16.00

Postby Mommax4 on Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:26 am

I saw that stuff on tv, and thought it was neat...but then I thought it would be REALLY messy...
Mommax4

Postby Guest on Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:46 am

that was suppose to say WASN'T really messy

Postby sonja on Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:48 am

We got this for our son last Christmas and he likes it alot. It is messy but it's a weird texture so when you press on the little bits they clump together so it's not too hard to clean up. We also like to put down newspaper or whatever underneath so you can just lift it and let all the excess slide back into the little buckets. I would say it would be a great gift.
You must be the change you want to see in the world- Ghandi
sonja
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby organic momma on Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:28 am

shanny.

I just found out that you and I have a friend in common (heather). You used to know her when you were a nanny you went to the same playgroups. She told me to look for you on here cause you were a really nice person. So I had to say HI!
"It's not due to laziness that someone is poor, it's not due to a lack of ambition or lack of intelligence its because they lack things that we take advantage everyday" Living on one dollar a day
organic momma
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby Benjorsam on Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:40 am

My kids got this last year and I hate it. It's very messy and the sand doesn't stick together very well. They haven't played with it in awhile and I've slowly been throwing it out. I have two unopened containers of it if anyone wants it.

Benjorsam
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby Shanny on Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:34 pm

Hi Organic Mamma! Heather is super nice... tell her I say HI (and to write me on facebook if she gets time!)

I'm still undecided on the moon sand now... there seems to be conflicting views :?
Shanny
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Return to Café KIV