educating our children (and ourselves!).
Hey kids! Are you dreaming of a summer where you can be with animals every day? Are you searching for fun ways to help all animals in need? Do you want to learn more about what it takes to care for your pets and give them the best life possible? Well, here’s your chance! The Victoria Branch of the BC SPCA will be offering summer camps every week in July and August for kids ages 8 to 12. If you’ve got a little brother or sister who’s itching to go to camp but is too young, this year we’re also offering a special camp for 6- to 7-year-olds from August 2nd to 5th.
Register online May 3rd. Don’t delay! Be sure to get your spot in this super fun camp. It’s going to be the best summer ever at the SPCA!
At summer camp you can:
• Take a special tour of the SPCA every day. You can get to know some of the animals there by helping to feed and socialize them. Cats, rabbits and rats – oh my!
• Help lots of animals find their forever homes by making adoption posters and getting the word out about the SPCA.
• Learn about animal behaviour and communication.
• Do your part to bring attention to important animal welfare issues like puppy mills and the importance of spaying and neutering your pets.
• Learn what it takes to make your dog, cat, guinea pig, rabbit or rat truly happy and healthy.
• Make special artwork to be displayed at Paws for a Cause… Walk for the Animals in September.
• Play all kinds of fun, animal-themed games like Muskox Manoeuvres, Zoobash and more.
• Meet cool guest speakers and their animals, including sniffer dogs, wildlife rehabilitators, therapy pets and more!
• Learn about the Five Freedoms that the BC SPCA thinks all animals should have, including wild and farm animals.
• Create the best habitat for your animals at home and at the SPCA.
• Make fun crafts like cat toys and your own stamp that you can use to make posters and back pack patches.
• Talk to people who work with animals every day and discover different careers with animals.
• Have fun and make friends with other kids who love animals.
We’d love to see you there. Register today! While you’re at it, don’t forget to give us your input on our programs by taking a quick online survey.
Date: Registration begins May 3rd. Week-long camps run Monday to Friday, July 4th to August 26th.
Time: Camp activities run from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Parents may drop off their children as early as 9:00 a.m. and pick them up as late as 4:00 p.m.
Age: All five-day camps are open to children born between 1999 and 2003. The four-day camp (August 2nd to 5th) is open only to children born in 2004 and 2005.
Cost: $155 for Kids Club members and $170 for non-Kids Club members.
Location: The Selkirk Montessori School at 2970 Jutland Road, in the multi-purpose room (to be confirmed).
How to register: Online at www.spca.bc.ca/camp.
What to bring: Nut-free lunch and snack, water bottle and casual, comfortable, “mess-making” clothing.
Note for parents: This camp may qualify as child care expenses for tax purposes if you incurred them while you are working or going to school.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:01 am
- Location: Victoria
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests
Child Care - Fairfield
Bath & Body Works; New Sets
8-person Coleman tent
Great condition books
- Wanted:extraordinary Respite caregiver
- illy Espresso maker - like new
- Outdoor Fire Pit
- Supercycle Kids Bike
- Flower Rain Coat size 6
- Gymboree Whale Watching Rain Coat si...
- Mec fleece jackets size 8
- La Senza Lotion/Mist/EDT Sets
- Christmas Dress size 5
- Gymboree size 10
- Old navy Size L (8/9)
- Please Mum XL (10/12)
- Gap Girls jeans/pants: size 8 plus
- Gymboree Girls size 9
- Stampers... lots!
- Stamps... lots!
- Woodkins Doll
- Little Tikes Easle
- Plush Costumes size 3-5
- Princess Boots size 11; New in Box
Sign up now to start receiving the KIV Newsletter. It only takes a minute.
Enter now for your chance to win some exciting prizes in our Kids in Victoria & Island Parent Contest! We have new contests often, so check back regularly!