Note: Unless you are a KIV paid advertiser, business advertising is not permitted in this forum. For business advertising click
If there is already a light fixture, you don't need an electrician. It is pretty simple to install the fan yourself.
For me I always would upgrade the outlet boxes to the metal ones but you don't even need to do that if the fan is 20lbs or less.
Just make sure you kill the breaker before you take down the light.
donbrown51 wrote:Yes there is a light fixture there already. The fan itself is quite heavy.
Most fans are heavy although it depends on the age of the fixture outlet. I used to always replace the outlets with the metal instead of the plastic. However, then an electrician told me that the outlet boxes are actually designed to hold fans so there isn't an issue.
Hooking a fan up is pretty easy. You can get any handyman to do it if you don't feel comfortable.
It is the same as replacing a light fixture. Turn off the breaker. Unscrew the current fixture. Identify the Black the hot (red or white) and the ground (green or gold metal).
I always had access to the crawlspace so I could thread up the safety wire to screw into a joist.
- Posts: 942
- Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:53 pm
- Location: Crystal Pool
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests
Little Hands Child Care 2 Locations - Downtown & Fairfield
Deluxe Baby Doll Stroller by Corolle
Full Day Preschool near Crystal Pool
Expansion complete! King Arthur's "Camelot" is now open! 11 new themed exhibits! Hours 9A.M. - 9P.M.
- Child Care Available Now!
- Imagination Movers LIVE (Sept 13)
- Best babysitter
- Bunk Beds
- PT CHILD CARE AVAIL Sep/mid-Sept /Oc...
- Deluxe Baby Doll Stroller by Corolle
- Multi Family Garage Sale - August 23...
- Girl Clothes
- September & October, 3-5 years old: ...
- LOTS of brand name girl's clothes - ...
- Supported Child Development (SCD) Wo...
- Saxe Point Daycare
- Baby Food Jars
- Gorgeous MARBLE Dining Room Table
- Vaughn Hockey Glove and Trapper
- 652 CCM Tacks Goalie Skates - size 10
- Little Hands Child Care 2 Locations ...
- WANTED:Maxxus Hot Tub Cover
- Full Day Preschool near Crystal Pool
- Printer ink and laser toner
Sign up now to start receiving the KIV Newsletter. It only takes a minute.
Enter now for your chance to win some exciting prizes in our Kids in Victoria & Island Parent Contest! We have new contests often, so check back regularly!