Note: Unless you are a KIV paid advertiser, business advertising is not permitted in this forum. For business advertising click
If there is already a light fixture, you don't need an electrician. It is pretty simple to install the fan yourself.
For me I always would upgrade the outlet boxes to the metal ones but you don't even need to do that if the fan is 20lbs or less.
Just make sure you kill the breaker before you take down the light.
donbrown51 wrote:Yes there is a light fixture there already. The fan itself is quite heavy.
Most fans are heavy although it depends on the age of the fixture outlet. I used to always replace the outlets with the metal instead of the plastic. However, then an electrician told me that the outlet boxes are actually designed to hold fans so there isn't an issue.
Hooking a fan up is pretty easy. You can get any handyman to do it if you don't feel comfortable.
It is the same as replacing a light fixture. Turn off the breaker. Unscrew the current fixture. Identify the Black the hot (red or white) and the ground (green or gold metal).
I always had access to the crawlspace so I could thread up the safety wire to screw into a joist.
- Posts: 942
- Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:53 pm
- Location: Crystal Pool
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests
2 Matching Loveseats - $50 each
Little Hands Child Care 2 Locations - Downtown & Fairfield
CHILD CARE AVAIL Aug 18/Sept 1/'14 start, AND Nov 1/'14, +18
Childcare Assistant-Physical Disability Weekends 11:00am-5:0
Seller registration open! Unload items your family no longer needs in one place, over one weekend!
- Imagination Movers LIVE (Sept 13)
- Infant/Toddler Care $550
- Ikea Hensvik Toddler Bed
- Lego Play Placemat
- Child's Hawaiian Grass Skirt and Flo...
- Babysitting Mama Wii Game
- Size 1 - American Ballet Theatre Spo...
- Beautiful Glittery Gap Sweater - Siz...
- Size 8 - Floral Print Fitted Jeans b...
- Size 8 (M) Blue and Grey Striped Shi...
- Music Stand by JamStands
- 1 FT space available
- CHILD CARE AVAIL Aug 18/Sept 1/'14 s...
- ****Downsizing Garage Sale****Antiqu...
- Kid's Vans Classic Slip-On
- HP Printer not connecting to my lapt...
- Licensed family daycare has opening ...
- WANTED: After School Babysitter 2014...
- vaughn goalie bag
- Vaughn Hockey Glove and Trapper
Sign up now to start receiving the KIV Newsletter. It only takes a minute.
Enter now for your chance to win some exciting prizes in our Kids in Victoria & Island Parent Contest! We have new contests often, so check back regularly!