Note: Unless you are a KIV paid advertiser, business advertising is not permitted in this forum. For business advertising click
If there is already a light fixture, you don't need an electrician. It is pretty simple to install the fan yourself.
For me I always would upgrade the outlet boxes to the metal ones but you don't even need to do that if the fan is 20lbs or less.
Just make sure you kill the breaker before you take down the light.
donbrown51 wrote:Yes there is a light fixture there already. The fan itself is quite heavy.
Most fans are heavy although it depends on the age of the fixture outlet. I used to always replace the outlets with the metal instead of the plastic. However, then an electrician told me that the outlet boxes are actually designed to hold fans so there isn't an issue.
Hooking a fan up is pretty easy. You can get any handyman to do it if you don't feel comfortable.
It is the same as replacing a light fixture. Turn off the breaker. Unscrew the current fixture. Identify the Black the hot (red or white) and the ground (green or gold metal).
I always had access to the crawlspace so I could thread up the safety wire to screw into a joist.
- Posts: 939
- Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:53 pm
- Location: Crystal Pool
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests
Online peer support program for Asthma and Allergies
Sell Your House for Full MLS Services Discount Commission
SUMMER CARE / SEPT: PT/FT Langford / WESTSHORE +24 mo->7yo
UVic Child Psychology Research Opportunity
Hey Kids(5-11yrs)! Help us name our Noble Knight and win a free birthday party pkg! Call 4 details!
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Platinum Gold...
- Garage Sale Saturday July 4th 9am- 1...
- UVic Child Psychology Research Oppor...
- 2013 Trek Superfly 100 Pro SL,Segway...
- Garage Sale TODAY and TOMORROW June ...
- Indoor Home Gym for Kids. Indoor Hom...
- Solid Walnut 2 Piece Dining Room Hutch
- CRAIG Montreal Heintzman & Co. Piano
- LEFT HANDED Pro Select Thunderbird J...
- Westbury Pro-Cussion 7 piece Drum Kit
- MOVING---MUST GO-125 Gal. Aquarium -...
- MOVING MUST GO! 40 Gal. Aquarium wit...
- Gorgeous MARBLE Dining Room Table
- Rivers Edge 17' Oasis Ladder Stand T...
- NEW in Box - Blue Canon Powershot A4...
- Giant Neighbourhood Garage Sale in T...
- Now: PT or FT spot: 3 -5 years & und...
- Vic west daycare has a spot for sept
Sign up now to start receiving the KIV Newsletter. It only takes a minute.
Enter now for your chance to win some exciting prizes in our Kids in Victoria & Island Parent Contest! We have new contests often, so check back regularly!