Note: Unless you are a KIV paid advertiser, business advertising is not permitted in this forum. For business advertising click
If there is already a light fixture, you don't need an electrician. It is pretty simple to install the fan yourself.
For me I always would upgrade the outlet boxes to the metal ones but you don't even need to do that if the fan is 20lbs or less.
Just make sure you kill the breaker before you take down the light.
donbrown51 wrote:Yes there is a light fixture there already. The fan itself is quite heavy.
Most fans are heavy although it depends on the age of the fixture outlet. I used to always replace the outlets with the metal instead of the plastic. However, then an electrician told me that the outlet boxes are actually designed to hold fans so there isn't an issue.
Hooking a fan up is pretty easy. You can get any handyman to do it if you don't feel comfortable.
It is the same as replacing a light fixture. Turn off the breaker. Unscrew the current fixture. Identify the Black the hot (red or white) and the ground (green or gold metal).
I always had access to the crawlspace so I could thread up the safety wire to screw into a joist.
- Posts: 942
- Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:53 pm
- Location: Crystal Pool
Users browsing this forum: iknowjanis and 17 guests
Little Hands Child Care 2 Locations - Downtown & Fairfield
Occasional babysitter wanted
PT or FT CHILD CARE 18m+ All Food October start WESTSHORE
- BABY FOOD JARS
- Skylanders 3DS game with 8 Skylander...
- Nintendo DSi XL 25th anniversary spe...
- Huge lot of boys clothing
- Full and Part time spces open
- Saxe Point Daycare
- Full Day Preschool near Crystal Pool
- WANTED: wooden doll highchair
- Wanted:Quad stroller
- Occasional babysitter wanted
- Comfy rocking/swivel chair
- Awesome UFT and Beyblade arenas
- Lands End Down Vest
- Lands End Squall Parkas
- Child Care Available Now!
- Little Hands Child Care 2 Locations ...
- Music Lessons in Fernwood
- Adventure Island Childcare - spaces ...
- September & October, 3-5 years old: ...
- Aqua Energy Circuit
Sign up now to start receiving the KIV Newsletter. It only takes a minute.
Enter now for your chance to win some exciting prizes in our Kids in Victoria & Island Parent Contest! We have new contests often, so check back regularly!