Advertise   |  Magazine   |  About Us   |  Where to Pick Up a Copy   |  Site News   |  FAQ   |  Contact Us

Family Resource Guide 2014/15

Read Now >>
KIV Community

What day/night cream do you use?

Welcome to Café KIV, a place to meet with other parents and post comments on any topic you wish. Discuss movies you've seen, places you've been, or even your best method of taking time from the kids.

Note: Unless you are a KIV paid advertiser, business advertising is not permitted in this forum. For business advertising click

Moderators: Brenda N, Sue, Glowingtouch, kattnipp

What day/night cream do you use?

Postby Sonia22 on Mon May 30, 2011 9:12 am

Just wanted to know what's good out there. I have tried a few but it seems like all of them are the same to me. I am currently using Biotherm Vivo one but I don't find it that much different from the normal moisturizer. I need to get more but I am not sure what to go with. Should I spend lots if the cheaper ones work the same? Just want to know what works for you :) TIA
Sonia22
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Re: What day/night cream do you use?

Postby quackers on Mon May 30, 2011 10:48 am

I try other brands but always end up going back to the oil of olay line. Their skin creams dont feel greasy.
WARNING:
If I am found vague, listless, or agitated. ADMINISTER CHOCOLATE IMMEDIATELY
quackers
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby myboy on Mon May 30, 2011 12:10 pm

Do you use an exfoliant? If you are not using a good exfoliant it won't matter what type of cream you use, it justs sits on top and doesn't penetrate. As we get older our exfoliation slows down and a daily scrub for example is not enough. If you are using an exfoliant you may need to find one that does a better job. Glycolic or enzyme peels are great. Using a cream with a glycolic in it too helps also if you have dry skin.
myboy
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby Sonia22 on Mon May 30, 2011 12:16 pm

I have combination skin, oily t-zone. I use one of those handheld vibrating thingy that you stick a pad on to exfoliate. Sorry, i don't really pay attention to what they are called. lol.
Sonia22
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby 4MyLittleMonkey on Mon May 30, 2011 9:04 pm

I really like Aveeno for everyday/all day use. It's non-greasy, non-scented, and it really works for me. I have sensitive skin, too, but never have a problem with Aveeno. My siblings have bad excema and they are Aveeno users as well, as it works best for them. There are a bunch of different strengths/problem area sorts, but I just go with the Daily Moisturizing Lotion. I find that a little goes a long way. A thin layer after my morning shower, and I'm good all day and night. I just carry a small travel size for re-applying to my hands after handwashing. Try a trial size, and if you like it, Costco sells a 2-pack of large pump bottles. :-D
4MyLittleMonkey
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby wonderwoman on Mon May 30, 2011 9:18 pm

Currently I'm using body shop natrulift cream (I also use the toner and cleanser). It's a bit too scented for my liking but I likening way it makes my skin feel.
wonderwoman
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Return to Café KIV