Note: Unless you are a KIV paid advertiser, business advertising is not permitted in this forum. For business advertising click
Our DD loves her afternoon naps but if she naps even for a mere 20 mins her bedtime goes from 7pm to 11pm. So I cut out naps as much as possible BUT if she doesn't nap she's ready to sleep by 5pm.
What should I do? She will actually fall asleep at the dinner table!
Tonight she begged to sleep at 5:3o, I gave in and she's wide awake (quiet in bed) now!
I feel like I can't win with her! LOL. she doesnt wake up in the middle of the night usually sleeps 12 hrs straight
What time does she get up ? Does she sleep in ?
I would love my toddler that is almost 3 to go to bed earlier... All my kids go to bed before 8.
- Posts: 1614
- Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:53 am
- Location: Saanich
- Posts: 257
- Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:00 am
- Location: Shawnigan lake
- Posts: 440
- Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:49 am
- Posts: 1491
- Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:17 pm
- Location: All over the Island
Last night she slept from 5:30 onwards, woke up briefly but nothing to complain about.
Today, no nap and shes out like a light at 7:05!
I asked lifestyles about melatonin and kids and they gave be this weird/bad look like I was wanting to drug my child, and she said it can affect their sex drive later in life. Is this true? It was lifestyles on Douglas.
I would just like to find her a happy medium because she is tired around 1 but I cannot handle kids up until 11pm so I do everything possible for no nap. It also sucks because it limits us for driving anywhere after dinner for ice cream, to play zone ect ect because she'll crash within 1 minute of being in the truck and even 10 minutes messes up bedtime!
What we do is make sure our son gets at least two-three "quiet times" during the day. 20-30 mins of reading with him, or doing a quiet activity that requires little movement (puzzles, playdo, etc). I save higher energy activities for after food times.
So far it works quite well. He does get tired at about 5pm, whining, etc but I am able to sit with him and read a story or two while intermittently jumping up to check on dinner.
- Posts: 2121
- Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:55 pm
- Location: Jubilee area
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests
Mon-Fri space in Licensed Family Daycare - Central Saanich
Fridays - Sept 2013 Start WESTSHORE! fees incl food! 18+ mos
New Cricut Bug plushie
Great condition books
- GARAGE SALE SAT. MAY 25 8:00 - 1:00
- Sat. May 25 8:00 - 1:00 715 Genevieve
- Multi-Family Garage Sale - Sat, May ...
- May 25th-Support Canadian Cancer Soc...
- Preschool teacher looking for summer...
- Childcare Assistant-Physical Disabil...
- Great condition books
- Childcare Provider Anytime
- Summer Day Camp
- Two Spots Open for July 1
- Daycare available in Sooke
- Vancouver Island Summer Camp For Boy...
- Baby Fun
- Baby Play Gym
- Kids Intellitainer
- Girls Barbie Rainboots Size 13
- hildren luggage with retractable han...
- EW Girls Speedo Swimsuit with remova...
- Waterproof jacket and pants, size 18T
- Girls summer pyjamas and night gown ...
Sign up now to start receiving the KIV Newsletter. It only takes a minute.
Enter now for your chance to win some exciting prizes in our Kids in Victoria & Island Parent Contest! We have new contests often, so check back regularly!