Note: Unless you are a KIV paid advertiser, business advertising is not permitted in this forum. For business advertising click
It is sad for them because we schedule our weekend activities a week ahead of time and often they are busy with planned things.
Just wondering what others thought?
― Albert Einstein
- Posts: 2654
- Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:06 am
- Posts: 621
- Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:55 pm
- Location: Westshore
- Posts: 9361
- Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:36 pm
- Location: In My Happy Place
Rarely 1, more likely 2- 4.
My reasoning -
1. I'm not generally ALL that organized far in advance.
2 - the more notice you give people the more chance they will forget!
3. - I THRIVE on procrastination and staying up til 1am decorating cakes and making alien stuffies for goodie bags.
I just had 13 kids to my sons birthday this past weekend, I sent out the invites with him to school on Thursday for his Saturday birthday. Every single kid that was invited came. BUT I always call the parents the night before to let them know about the party so they can check the book bags and so I can get an idea of who is coming. Plus it also takes out the stress of - are they coming or not?!
I also know and am friends with almost all of my sons friends parents and generally know they got nothin' goin' on!
- Posts: 2891
- Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:45 pm
- Location: James Bay
a) Not very prepared and therefore not to be faulted since at least they were trying to put something together for their child OR,
b) We were a last minute invite due to afterthought or some other invites not being able to attend, which we don't take offense to, as we're just happy to be invited and for us parents to have a couple hours without a child
- Posts: 606
- Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 9:37 pm
- Location: Saanich/Victoria
- Posts: 822
- Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:49 pm
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests
Garage Sale Sunday April 28th!
Daycare available in Sooke
Stay Awake Nights Nurse or Caregiver
Playmobil - Various Sets (Individually Priced)
- NEW Jogging/bike stroller
- Child care - near Uvic
- Disney Princess 16" Princess Bike w/...
- Licenced Family Childcare Has Openin...
- Flower Rain Coat size 6
- Gymboree Whale Watching Rain Coat si...
- Mec fleece jackets size 8
- La Senza Lotion/Mist/EDT Sets
- Christmas Dress size 5
- Gymboree size 10
- Old navy Size L (8/9)
- Please Mum XL (10/12)
- Gap Girls jeans/pants: size 8 plus
- Gymboree Girls size 9
- Stampers... lots!
- Stamps... lots!
- Woodkins Doll
- Little Tikes Easle
- Plush Costumes size 3-5
- Princess Boots size 11; New in Box
Sign up now to start receiving the KIV Newsletter. It only takes a minute.
Enter now for your chance to win some exciting prizes in our Kids in Victoria & Island Parent Contest! We have new contests often, so check back regularly!