Advertise   |  Magazine   |  About Us   |  Where to Pick Up a Copy   |  Site News   |  FAQ   |  Contact Us

KIV Community

V-smile or leapster L-Max ?

Welcome to Café KIV, a place to meet with other parents and post comments on any topic you wish. Discuss movies you've seen, places you've been, or even your best method of taking time from the kids.

Note: Unless you are a KIV paid advertiser, business advertising is not permitted in this forum. For business advertising click

Moderators: Brenda N, Sue, kattnipp, Glowingtouch

V-smile or leapster L-Max ?

Postby Anthony's Mom on Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 am

I'm having a really hard time trying to pick which is the best system to buy for my son for Christmas. If you have any of these which one do you find that you like? I do not want to waste my money.

Anthony's Mom
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby Anthony's Mom on Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:18 am

Bump

Anthony's Mom
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby Dragonflymom on Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:41 pm

My son has the leapad book and dosnt seem to use it that much. We are getting him the leapster for christmas this year. It hink the leapster will be more fun because its like a vidio game. I guess it just depends on what you son likes and what he is into at this time. They are both good, but I would go with the leapster myself!
Image Image Image
I can only please one person per day...Today is not your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either!
Dragonflymom
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby Ivy-Girl on Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:42 pm

My boys (almost 6 yo and 4 yo) both have leapsters. They are great!

Don't quote me, but I was told that the only difference between the new L-Max and the original leapster is that the L-Max can be hooked up to the TV...other than that they are the same and play the same cartridges. You may be able to get a good deal on the original leapster as now it's "old".

Don't know anything about the V-Smile...don't think that was out when we got our Leapsters.

I guess I'd look at the titles of the cartridges that are out for each system and what ages they go up to (the leapster goes up to 4th grade right now I believe) so that you know it will grow with your child.
Image Image
Quincy 1998 ~ 2010 | TUCKER - Aug.8/94~Mar. 5/07 |
~*~* IVY-GIRL~ Sept 9, 1994 ~ June 25, 2011 *~*~
\:D/ We're LIVING in the good old days!! \:D/
Ivy-Girl
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby Anthony's Mom on Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:46 pm

Thank you for the help, I did end up getting the leapster L-Max. I think my son will love it, I just want to get him off the vidoe games he plays with his dad.

Thanks Again :)

Anthony's Mom
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Return to Café KIV