Advertise   |  Magazine   |  About Us   |  Where to Pick Up a Copy   |  Site News   |  FAQ   |  Contact Us

KIV Community

Anyone know....

Welcome to Café KIV, a place to meet with other parents and post comments on any topic you wish. Discuss movies you've seen, places you've been, or even your best method of taking time from the kids.

Note: Unless you are a KIV paid advertiser, business advertising is not permitted in this forum. For business advertising click

Moderators: Brenda N, Sue, Glowingtouch, kattnipp

Anyone know....

Postby LisaO on Mon May 01, 2006 8:40 am

We just got a new flat screen computer monitor from my mom for our combined birthdays...we were so excited, but after setting it up I'm not impressed!!! Words look fuzzy, everything looks 'washed out' and it makes me feel sick (literally) to look at the screen! Does anyone know if this is just the way they are, or is there some setting we can change...we have 30 days to return it if we're not happy...hoefully we've done something wrong, because I'd love to keep it but only if I can make it clearer. Thanks!
LisaO
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby my2sons on Mon May 01, 2006 8:54 am

I felt sick with ours when we first got it. Now I don't notice it anymore. It's a bit of an adjustment. I'd have to close my eyes while scrolling and guess where to stop on a page. Sux!
my2sons
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby smurfgirl on Mon May 01, 2006 9:07 am

I got the free one from telus and i havnt noticed anything its a nice picture I would return it it should not make you sick thats weird.
smurfgirl
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby Petri on Mon May 01, 2006 9:22 am

Hey, What brand of monitor is it. No you shouldn't have with a flat screen monitor have look at fussy pictures. You can try to adjust the screens resolution for your monitor. To do this:
Have no window's open on your desk top,
Right click anywhere there is not an icon,
click on properties,
click on the settings tab,
Your settings should be at least 1025 by 786 around there for screen resolution. Thsi may help depending on the monitor you have.
You may also have on your monitor the ability to adjust the settings there.
If you let me know the specs of your monitor I can probably help you further. However, there are some monitors out there that just don't have a great picture but with some adjustments might beable to use it with out giving you a head ache
Petri
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby macloud on Mon May 01, 2006 10:59 am

Hi Lisa,

A flat screen, great birthday gift.

Peter suggested adjusting the settings as said in the previous post.

He asked who makes the monitor?

Happy Birthday!

Michelle
macloud

Postby kattnipp on Mon May 01, 2006 11:30 am

with my flat screen I had to move it so it was level with me. I couldn't be looking up or down at it. I had to be right across. Otherwise I felt sick and couldn't things right.
Annette
kattnipp

Postby LisaO on Mon May 01, 2006 12:59 pm

It's a samsung monitor, 19 inch...I'm thinking maybe it's too 'big'? Like if the screen was smaller it would be clearer? I don't know...Thanks for the suggestions, I will try them all.
LisaO
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Return to Café KIV