Advertise   |  Magazine   |  About Us   |  Where to Pick Up a Copy   |  Site News   |  FAQ   |  Contact Us

KIV Community

Whoa! i'm not surprised but I had no idea . . .

Welcome to Café KIV, a place to meet with other parents and post comments on any topic you wish. Discuss movies you've seen, places you've been, or even your best method of taking time from the kids.

Note: Unless you are a KIV paid advertiser, business advertising is not permitted in this forum. For business advertising click

Moderators: Brenda N, Sue, Glowingtouch, kattnipp

Whoa! i'm not surprised but I had no idea . . .

Postby WCM on Tue May 02, 2006 10:52 am

I subscribe to this publication, The Canadian Centre for Public Research and they just put out this article, shocked me, and made me sad. I don't buy store-made cookies anyhow, but I do indulge in the nasty pal-oil containing licorice now and then. :(

http://www.cspinet.org/palmoilreport/index.html
For a minute there, I was myself.
WCM
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby macloud on Tue May 02, 2006 12:54 pm

Yes, this is horrendous. You used to be able to buy a tub of organic palm oil for baking from Spectrum that does not negatively effect the environment the orangutang. There was a post by organicmomma a while back and I posted information about this. However, you can no longer buy it in the tub. They will special order it in for you in bulk as they buy it this way for the deli. I've got the price and quantity somewhere if you are interested. We're thinking of getting some but hoping to split an order with someone else or even a few people. We still have a half a tub left though. (It has a long shelf life)
macloud

Return to Café KIV