Advertise   |  Magazine   |  About Us   |  Where to Pick Up a Copy   |  Site News   |  FAQ   |  Contact Us

KIV Community

Best stain remover for.....

Welcome to Café KIV, a place to meet with other parents and post comments on any topic you wish. Discuss movies you've seen, places you've been, or even your best method of taking time from the kids.

Note: Unless you are a KIV paid advertiser, business advertising is not permitted in this forum. For business advertising click

Moderators: Brenda N, Sue, Glowingtouch, kattnipp

Best stain remover for.....

Postby Shopgirl on Tue May 02, 2006 12:30 pm

Washed in deep down all over dirt stains. I don't like using chemicals in my home and my children are big mud and muck kids (which I love!), but their clothes get SO dirty. I just bleached a huge load of stuff and hung it on the line to bleach more in the sun... but there is still a fair amount of dirt on these clothes. Is there anything out there that might help my poor ragamuffins clothes look decent? :D

Thanks!
Shopgirl
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby MamaLove on Tue May 02, 2006 12:49 pm

Have you tried oxyclean? You have to wash your clothes in warm water, but it works well on taking out diesel stains. When dh comes home with really badly soiled clothes, I sometimes apply it directly. If you want to borrow some before buying, let me know!

:)
MamaLove

Postby JaynaF on Tue May 02, 2006 12:52 pm

PINK SOLUTION!!! http://www.pinksolution.ca My mom got me hooked and its great for Every sort of cleaning, household, dishes, laundry.. you name it! It's all natural enzymes, so its great for kids and pets to be around. Jayna
JaynaF
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby smurfgirl on Tue May 02, 2006 1:15 pm

Lesteroil all the way you can get it at canadian tire it even takes out oil stains from your clothes its a great all purpos cleaner as well. but i would suggest double rinsing your clothes after just put it in the laundry water with soap or apply it directly on the hard stains and let sit then wash works everytime at my house it even gets out formula stains from clothes

good luck with your dirty little mongers :D
smurfgirl
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby Murf on Tue May 02, 2006 2:59 pm

Borax is good for whitening and stain removal.
As far as I know it's natural? Works great anyways.
Murf
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby JaynaF on Tue May 02, 2006 3:31 pm

Ya I use borax for my poopy stained cloth diapers and they turn out great! Jayna
JaynaF
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby CharleneK on Tue May 02, 2006 8:46 pm

Yes, Borax is natural and non-toxic, not to mention fabulous for cleaning & disinfecting! :D I've even made my own dishwasher soap using equal parts Borax & baking soda, 2 tbsp per dishwasher run.

Oxyclean is also wonderful and quite safe from a chemical point of view, works great if you soak stained items for 24 hours, then wash as normal.

Good luck & happy cleaning! CharleneK
CharleneK
KIV Advertiser
KIV Advertiser

Region:

Postby JaynaF on Tue May 02, 2006 9:01 pm

Hey charlene... curious as to how you find your homemade detergent? We are putting in a dishwasher next week, and figure I'll try it. Do you use anything else or just that? Sounds great though! Jayna
JaynaF
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby CharleneK on Wed May 03, 2006 7:17 am

I use just that, the combo of Borax & Baking Soad, works just fine so far, only been doing it for about 3 weeks now after finding the recipe on a non-toxic website (http://www.lesstoxicguide.ca).....CharleneK
CharleneK
KIV Advertiser
KIV Advertiser

Region:

Return to Café KIV