- Posts: 5564
- Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:02 pm
We had DS 8 weeks ago, and now I have a daycare child ( older than her), but I have talked to other mom's and this seems to be a "typical stage". What I was told to try, and has found it works is get down to her level and ask if she is mad,frustrated, sad and make the faces.
I was surpised DD said right away, I'm mad! So I told her to hit the couch, or a pillow, something that doesnt hurt anybody. For frustration it is to breathe like a lady bug ( her favourite animal), and when she hits, touch her softly, always in the same place with the same fingers, and say we touch softly like this, we don't hit.
I am going through this myself, but so far have had some success with these suggestions.
- Posts: 191
- Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:18 am
- Location: Saanich/Marigold
Hang in there!
- Posts: 6616
- Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:34 am
- Location: the Gorge
That said, it still embarrasses me when he does it with the neighbourhood kids!
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 8:22 pm
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Licenced daycare full time available
PT/FT AVAILABLE NOW 18m- 4.5y old, Westshore ~Incl's Food
Fleece and faux suede stroller / car seat bag
Strawberry Vale Preschool Online Auction
- Nature Sounds Cradle Swing
- TWO tickets to IMAGINE DRAGONS
- Alphabet magnets
- Archie digest comics
- Big room with OwnEmtramce/shared suite
- Big Room with Private Entrance in Sh...
- PT/FT AVAILABLE NOW 18m- 4.5y old, W...
- Full time or Part time space available
- Part Time Cook/Cleaner in our Home
- Looking for part time sub teacher fo...
- Baby Bjorn Active (Lumbar Support)
- Star Wars light saber kit
- Megablocks truck
- Kinder egg toys
- Eyewitness books
- 3 bedroom townhouse
- Tea pot home
- Girls sweater
- Gymboree sweater
Sign up now to start receiving the KIV Newsletter. It only takes a minute.
Enter now for your chance to win some exciting prizes in our Kids in Victoria & Island Parent Contest! We have new contests often, so check back regularly!