- Posts: 5528
- Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:02 pm
We had DS 8 weeks ago, and now I have a daycare child ( older than her), but I have talked to other mom's and this seems to be a "typical stage". What I was told to try, and has found it works is get down to her level and ask if she is mad,frustrated, sad and make the faces.
I was surpised DD said right away, I'm mad! So I told her to hit the couch, or a pillow, something that doesnt hurt anybody. For frustration it is to breathe like a lady bug ( her favourite animal), and when she hits, touch her softly, always in the same place with the same fingers, and say we touch softly like this, we don't hit.
I am going through this myself, but so far have had some success with these suggestions.
- Posts: 191
- Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:18 am
- Location: Saanich/Marigold
Hang in there!
- Posts: 6616
- Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:34 am
- Location: the Gorge
That said, it still embarrasses me when he does it with the neighbourhood kids!
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 8:22 pm
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests
Perego Double Buggy
8-person Coleman tent
Baby Sign Language Classes
Bath & Body Works; New Sets
- May 25th-Support Canadian Cancer Soc...
- Preschool teacher looking for summer...
- Childcare Assistant-Physical Disabil...
- Great condition books
- Childcare Provider Anytime
- Summer Day Camp
- Two Spots Open for July 1
- Daycare available in Sooke
- Vancouver Island Summer Camp For Boy...
- Baby Fun
- Baby Play Gym
- Kids Intellitainer
- Girls Barbie Rainboots Size 13
- hildren luggage with retractable han...
- EW Girls Speedo Swimsuit with remova...
- Waterproof jacket and pants, size 18T
- Girls summer pyjamas and night gown ...
- Brownies uniform size M/Youth
- Zumba Fitness in Victoria, BC
- Diaper Bag
Sign up now to start receiving the KIV Newsletter. It only takes a minute.
Enter now for your chance to win some exciting prizes in our Kids in Victoria & Island Parent Contest! We have new contests often, so check back regularly!