Advertise   |  Magazine   |  About Us   |  Where to Pick Up a Copy   |  Site News   |  FAQ   |  Contact Us

KIV Community

3 weeks till baby #3 arrives and feeling really sad...

Welcome to Café KIV, a place to meet with other parents and post comments on any topic you wish. Discuss movies you've seen, places you've been, or even your best method of taking time from the kids.

Note: Unless you are a KIV paid advertiser, business advertising is not permitted in this forum. For business advertising click

Moderators: Brenda N, Sue, Glowingtouch, kattnipp

3 weeks till baby #3 arrives and feeling really sad...

Postby botticelli babe on Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:14 pm

because i'm having a really hard time getting excited...i feel tired, and overwhelmed...and like i'm never going to be ready....and i'm worried about how my other kids will fair, and how i will juggle all the things that are on my plate...i'm kind of stressed even more because i just don't have the same excitement i had with my other two...anybody else experience this?? i know i should be filled with anticipation, but i'm just not...i'm glad we're having this baby, but i'm just having a hard time not getting bogged down with how hard i know it will be in the beginning...sigh. thanks for listening.
Last edited by botticelli babe on Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
botticelli babe
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby mumeee99 on Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:58 pm

Erin

I went through the same thing when I had my youngest. Three kids on my own was really overwhelming to think about and when I realize it was getting close to actually happening I panicked. I was excited, but in a different way than I had be with the other 2. I felt unprepared, I was anxious, and working full time plus still. Things will be fine, it may take you a little longer to get the hang of life again after the birth but you'll manage, I did.

HUGS
mumeee99
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby dolce on Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:19 pm

*Hugs* enjoy this precious time, it goes by so quickly.
Last edited by dolce on Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dolce
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby WCM on Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:59 pm

Try not to stress about all these things that you cannot control. It will all be okay. kids will be great, you will fall in love when the time comes. You gotta just let it go . . . I know easier said than done . . . enjoy this time with just the 4 of you. do fun things together . ..

just don't have this kid before I get back!!! Even though I know you'd love to.:)
For a minute there, I was myself.
WCM
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby FairyElf on Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:06 am

Everything will be ok..I felt I couldnt get everything I needed ready either and it was hard to find the motivation to do it..I was more anxious with the pregnancy and hoping baby was alright etc and made it harder to just enjoy the pregnancy itself..now that hes here, I feel so much better and my older two have been great with him. Make sure to have some help at home as well to lessen the stress and not to worry to much about other details etc. Your baby will be here before you know it!
FairyElf
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby Max on Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:20 am

Oh honey. Believe me, everything WILL be ok.

I spent all of my second pregnancy sad, anxious, and panicky. I thought it was the biggest mistake of my life, having another baby. I felt painted into a corner, and very scared and alone. I was worried about my kids, my marriage, my sanity. A LOT of it was hormonal. Some of this played out further after my daughter was born, when I was diagnosed with PPD.

Fast forward to now - my daughter is almost 16 months old, practically the dictator of this house, and we all love her to pieces. My older boys didn't skip a beat when she was born - they just jumped right in and welcomed their little sister with open arms. To this day they run into her room every morning to say good morning to her. Always kissing and hugging her (annoys the crap out of her). They are FINE.

I do have days where I feel I have a lot on my plate (some of that of my own doing :cool: ), but it's a busy that I love and wouldn't trade for the world. Having three is the BEST thing that's happened to me. In a few months you'll be saying the same thing.
Max
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby botticelli babe on Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:22 am

hahaha...thanks erin...i just posted on your thread two seconds ago...we were probably posting at the same time...thanks for the reminder of how special it is...i'll try to keep that in the forefront of my thoughts instead of worrying about what isn't done, or how tough it might be. cheers. e
botticelli babe
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Return to Café KIV